In the news
Mr Malhotra’s work interests many people in the medical world and beyond. The following are a selection of features or news stories about him.
Those marked NW will open in a new browser window. Those marked pdf are downloads but on some computers these will also open in a new browser window. You will need Adobe pdf reader to read these documents. Download the reader here.
- The QVH corneal neurotisation team wins the Foulds Trophy for Best Rapid Fire Presentation at the RCOphth Annual Congress, Liverpool
- Receives research ethics committee approval to commence a study on outcomes of cosmetic scleral shells
- QVH sets up and begins a prospective national artificial eye study.
- The corneal neurotisation team at QVH continue to achieve successful outcomes restoring corneal sensation. Largest series in the UK to date.
- Mr Malhotra is awarded the IWantGreatCare certificate of excellence.
- Mr Malhotra completes a prospective study to confirm and describe an exciting new addition to the anatomy textbooks, a distinct layer of fat in the eyelid previously not reported in the anatomy books: ”the post aponeurosis fat pad”. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25575269
- Mr Malhotra speaks on ophthalmic management in facial palsy at the Consensus and Controversies meeting: Multidisciplinary management of Facial Palsy. Royal Society of Medicine. London. May
- Mr Malhotra receives The Koornneef Award from the Dutch Orbital Society.
- Mr Malhotra is a keynote speaker at the Dutch Orbital Society meeting, Amsterdam and speaks on the non-aesthetic uses of fillers in the eyelid region..
- Mr Malhotra speaks at the Facial Palsy UK annual general meeting on protecting the eye
- Mr Malhotra speaks at CCR Expo (Clinical+Cosmetic+Reconstructive), Olympia, London on "Platinum Segments: A new option for adjustable upper eyelid loading in facial palsy".
- The Corneoplastic Unit begins a prospective study evaluating skin contraction in patients with facial weakness.
- The Corneoplastic Unit begins a prospective trial evaluating a new method and technique for meibography.
- British Journal Ophthalmology publishes a pilot study conducted by Mr Malhotra and colleagues reporting the benefit of the novel use of systemic androgen therapy for evaporative dry eye: Transdermal androgen patches in evaporative dry eye syndrome with androgen deficiency: a pilot study Br J Ophthalmol bjophthalmol-2013-304637Published Online First: 16 December 2013
- Mr Malhotra is appointed to the editorial board as section editor for the journal Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology
- Mr Malhotra celebrates 10 years as a consultant oculoplastic surgeon at the Queen Victoria Hospital - November
- Features in Crawley Observer - October
- The Corneoplastic Unit and the Prosthetics department at QVH begin a prospective trial evaluating a new regime for artificial eye maintenance and polishing.
- The Corneoplastic Unit begins a prospective trial to evaluate the Malhotra platinum segments for facial weakness and lagophthalmos.
- The Corneoplastic Unit begins a randomised, prospective trial to evaluate the effect of Manuka honey on eyelid wound healing following ptosis and blepharoplasty surgery.
- Best oral presentation award, BOPSS Annual Meeting. June 2013.
- Mr Malhotra gives a lecture and live demonstration of tear trough filler treatment at FACE conference, London, June 2013
- Mr Malhotra features on ITN News. Patient Hanifa, acid burn case - June
- Mr Malhotra features in an article by Amanda Platell. Daily Mail 25.4.2013: 'I've never thought of myself as a vain woman but suddenly, I was an object of pity': Amanda Platell reveals the physical and mental scars left by cancer treatment. - April PDF
- Live surgery by Mr Malhotra is televised on "Pinoy MD", a weekly national television programme, GMA 7 Channel, Philippines - April
- Mr Malhotra carries out live televised endoscopic DCR surgery at Queen Victoria Hospital:Thames Regional Study Day - April
- Corneoplastic Unit is awarded "Exceptional Service Team of the Year", Queen Victoria Hospital Annual Staff Awards - March
- Teaches at the Alcon "Oculoplastics Back to Basics Study Day" - October
- Features in Crawley Observer - September
- Mr Malhotra is appointed Head of the Corneoplastic Unit, Queen Victoria Hospital
- Lecture at Annual British Oculoplastic Surgery Society Meeting - June
- Conducts Masterclass workshop at Q-Med Academy, Paris - June
- Carries out live televised surgery and workshops demonstrations at Fusion 2012 International meeting, Hyderabad, India-February
- Awarded a Bronze National Clinical Excellence Award by Department of Health-September
- Appointed as section editor for the British Journal of Ophthalmology-August
- Visits the Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Centre, Tanzania-July. He helped in the outpatient clinic, taught live surgery and gave teaching lectures to resident doctors.
- Appears on BBC Radio Sussex Breakfast Show - May
- Lecturing and conducting a live procedure demonstration at the 9th International Course in Advances in Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery. Barcelona, Spain - March
- Talking to and conducting a live demonstration and teaching workshop for German plastic surgeons and dermatologists at the Q-MED Aesthetic "Training-the-trainers" seminar, Frankfurt, Germany – February
- Conducted live demonstration for Tear Trough filling at IMCAS (International Masterclass on Aging Skin) Paris, France by way of invitation from Q-Med (makers of Restylane) to demonstrate the new PixL blunt-tip cannula - January 2011
- Talking to and conducting a live demonstration and workshop for German plastic surgeons and dermatologists at the Q-MED Aesthetic seminar, Munich, Germany – October
- Conducted live demonstration at the Annual meeting of the British Association of Cosmetic Doctors, UK - October
- Conducted live demonstration at IAAFA annual meeting, Royal Society of Medicine, London - September
- Marie Claire-Future Beauty Guide 2010: Best for eyes - September - Cover Cover
- Prima Magazine: Non-surgical browlifting and upper eyelid contouring - August. Cover
- Invited speaker in Damascus, Syria and Mr Malhotra meets the Prime Minister - July. News article-(1), Photo-(2)
- Tatler Beauty & cosmetic surgery guide 2010: Best for eyes – May pdf
- Grazia magazine: The 10-minute eyelift – March pdf
- Daily Express: A sight for sore eyes – January NW
- Talking to and conducting a live demonstration and workshop for Swiss plastic surgeons and dermatologists at the Q-MED Aesthetic seminar, Berne, Switzerland – November
- Featuring in Body Language (The UK Journal of Medical Aesthetics and Anti-Ageing) – July NW
- Talking to and conducting a live demonstration at the Q-MED National Day, Berlin, Germany – May
- Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetics Magazine – May NW
- Tatler: Top eyelid surgeon... – May pdf
- Tatler Beauty & Cosmetic Surgery Guide 2009: Listed as one of the UK’s top cosmetic surgeons pdf NW
- Prima Magazine – March
- Talking to and conducting a live demonstration Upper eyelid rejuvenation using Restylane at IMCAS (International Master Course on Aging Skin), Paris – January NW
- Daily Mail: Rise of the man jab! – December
- Prima Magazine – September
- ITV: NHS 60: Queen Victoria Hospital Centre of Excellence – July NW video
- BBC: Cure for rare sight condition – June NW video
- Hello! magazine – June
- Eve magazine – May
- The Times: Filters prevent blindness of eyes that won’t open – May NW
- Woman & Home – March
- Tatler Beauty & Cosmetic Surgery Guide 2008: listed as one of the UK’s top cosmetic surgeons NW
- Red magazine – March pdf
- Daily Mail: How cosmetic surgeons decide what small changes will make a woman beautiful – January NW
- Aesthetic Medicine 2008: speaking about tear trough rejuvenation
- Conducts masterclass tear trough filler rejuvenation workshops at Q-MED (Restylane headquarters), London – Nov/Dec
- Talking to and conducting a live demonstration, Tear trough orbito-facial rejuvenation using Perlane, at Perfect Sense, the Restylane Annual Conference, Royal College of Physicians, Regents Park, London – September pdf
- Conducts a masterclass workshop, Restylane Master Class – Advanced techniques. Tear Trough Indication using Restylane Perlane, at the European congress in aesthetic dermatology and surgery & European congress of anti-aging medicine, Palais des Congres de Paris – October
- Daily Mail: The ten-minute eye lift, giving the experiences of two patients having tear trough rejuvenation – August NW
- Co-organiser, Orbito-facial Rejuvenation course, British Library, London – September
- Conducting tear trough filler workshops. Attendees include plastic and oculoplastic surgeons, dermatologists and leading cosmetic doctors in London – June, July pdf
- ITN: update on Sundeep Hunjan, an acid attack victim treated by Mr Malhotra – March NW
- Malhotra Endonasal DCR punch released by Altomed. A lateral (right or left-side directed) bone punch designed by Malhotra to improve on a step within endonasal endoscopic DCR pdf
- Recipient of the American Academy of Ophthalmology's Achievement Award 2007
- Selected for inclusion in the 2007 edition of the Dictionary of International Biography NW
- Selected for inclusion in the 2006-2007 edition of Who’s Who in Medicine and Healthcare NW
- BUPA Today: Facing a brighter future on using cosmetic surgery, anti-ageing and facial filler injections for facial palsy rehabilitation – November
- The Times: Plastic Fantastic – Malhotra reviews Nip/Tuck in a panel of experts – May
- Mid Sussex Times: Village pays for op for clinic manager – March NW
- East Grinstead Courier: Nothing in the world can match these skills – January pdf
- McIndoe Burns Support Group: The story of Sundeep Hunjan, acid attack victim pdf
- BBC: Burns girl ‘able to blink again’ – June NW
- BBC: Sundeep Hunjan – her life was turned upside down – June NW
- BBC: Fundraising boost for burns woman – June NW
- Visiting the Sadguru Netra Chikitsalaya Hospital, Chitrakoot, India on behalf of the Australia-India Council – December NW
Back to top